1) Free passes to Building Energy Trade show March 8-9 in Boston
2) National EAA news
3) Next meeting March 11th, 2pm in Worcester. See neeaa.org
(Note these are only for the exhibits, not the conference.)
Trade Show: NESEA Building Energy Show in Boston.
Seaport World Trade Center
Wed. March 8th: 10:30am to 5:30pm and
Thurs. March 9th: 10am to 4pm
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aybike Doganci Crott"
To: "Aybike D. Crott"
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 10:18 AM
Subject: Free passes for NESEA's building energy show in Boston
I realize you all work but just in case you're interested to sneak
out and attend this Building Energy '06 show in Boston (March 7-9) .. I have attached a couple
guest passes that will grant you free entry.
We will have a booth at this event. This is a huge show where all
sorts of wind/solar/home insulation/hybrid cars and all sorts of other energy conservation
businesses present. It's fun and educational in case you're interested in attending...
Please feel free to circulate these passes to people who might be
interested in attending.
hope to see you there!!
Aybike Doganci Crott
Solectria Renewables, LLC
360 Merrimack Street
Building 9, Floor 2
Lawrence, MA 01843
2) National EAA news
20 February 2006
2006 EAA Update
Dear EAA Chapter
First, the International EAA Annual Members Meeting is scheduled for Saturday morning,
10:00 Pacific Standard Time, on 25 February 2006. You may dial in, and preferably as a
Chapter, on this toll-free conference calling: (888) 583-9625 with Access Code: 303303 .
Do check the EAA Website for further possible information www.eaaev.org . And please,
identify yourself for the record when calling in.
Next, the 5th EVer EAA Chapters Conference is rolling along. See below the 5th EVer
Agenda in the making and being hosted by the Fox Valley EAA. And definitely, check out the
"3-in-1 hat trick" EVent at www.fveaa.org .
5th EVer Electric Auto Associations Chapters Conference
Hosted by Fox Valley EAA
Friday thru Sunday, May 12 - 14, 2006
Todd Dore, 5th EVer Chairman
Tentative Agenda Being Planned
5th EVer Schedule of EVents
All times Central Standard
Friday - May 12 EVents
1:00 - 3:00 PM Tour of Warfield Electric Motor Company
Frankfort, IL. NOTE: This is for 5th EVer early
arrivals flying into Midway Airport in The Great
Land of the Mid-West.
6:00 - 7:30 PM Social Mixer - EAA Chapter Presidents/Reps &
EAA Board Members, and Membership of Fox
Valley EAA VFW, Joliet, IL
7:30 - 9:00 PM Chicago-Style Pizza/Pasta Dinner VFW, Joliet, IL
Welcome and Kick-off Remarks by 5th EVer Chairman, Todd Dore
- Presidential Address by FVEAA President, Ted Lowe
- "EAA State of Charge" by EAA Chairman,Ron Freund
- Keynote speakers John Wayland & Rich Rudman – NEDRA and More!
EAA Chapter Go-Around of Introductions
Closing Dinner Remarks: "What to expect at the 'Mid-West Alternative Fuel Vehicle Expo'
NOTE: Please let us know your dietary preference: Vegetarian, Kosher, Low Sodium and the
Saturday May 13 EVents at Route 66 Raceway - Joliet, IL
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mid-West Alternative Fuel Vehicle Expo and NEDRA "High Voltage" Raceday
12:00 - 1:30 PM Lunch with assprted food vendors on-site
2:00 - 3:00 PM Demonstrations of a Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle (PHEV) Ed Harris Prius
5:00 - 6:30 PM Traveling to Lodging & Refreshing Up
6:30 - 8:30 PM AFV Expo and NEDRA Raceday – AwardsDinner back at Route 66 Raceway
Sunday May 14 Events at Route 66 Raceway
7:30 - 9:30 AM Breakfast networking with FVEAA Members TBD near Route 66 Raceway Joliet, IL
10:00 - 3:00 PM 5th EVer Conference at the Media Conference Roo
Welcoming Address & Introductions
Todd Dore, 5th Ever chairman
* Key Note Speaker – "Plug-In America the 50-City PHEV Initiative" Roger Duncan, Austin Energy
* Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles Panel -Sherry Bochert, Author and San Francisco
EAA President and Jerry Pohorsky, SiliconValley EAA President, EAA Board Member,and PHEV
Special Interest Chair.
12:30 - 2:00 PM Catered Working Lunch for 5th EVer
1:00 - 3:00 PM Report Outs
* EAA Historian's Report by Terry Wilson
* Current EVents Report by Ed Thorpe
* Web Committee Report by Aaron Choate
* Chapter Relations - West and East by EVJerry Asher
* Events for 2006 by EAA Chapters and Guests
Closing remarks & Hosting the 6th Ever
Attendees group photo session.
Note: 5th EVer Agenda is still under construction. Your feedback is welcomed to the 5th EVer
Todd Dore, 5th EVer Chair. Call (708) 307-1399 or email:
< ElectricBlue0303@hotmail.com >
"EVJerry" Asher, 5th Ever Committee – EAA Chapters PR. Call (202) 486-5450 or
email: < EVisionA2Z@usa.net >
Please sign up for our planning purposes and join the following EAA Members tentively planning
on the 5th EVer.
5th EVer Evolving List of Tentative Attendees
No. Name /Position EAA Chapter
1. Terry Wilson, EAA Historian/5th EVer Registrar San Jose EAA
2. Ron Freund, EAA Board Chairman San Jose EAA
3. Ed Thorpe, Current EVents Editor East Bay EAA
4. Kim Rogers, EAA Board Member Silicon Valley
5. Marc Geller, EAA Board Member/SFEVA VP San Francisco
6. Jerry Pohorsky, Board Member/SVEAA President Silicon Valley
7. EVJerr" Asher, Board - Chapter Relations East Tucson EVA2
8. Nick Viera, EAA Web Committee/ACEAA VP Alamo City E
9. Roger Duncan, Austin Energy Austin, TX
10. Sherry Boschert, SFEVA President SFEVA
11. Dave "Goldie" Goldstein, EVA/DC President EVADC
12. Jim & Elaine Stack, Phoenix Presidential Couple PEAA
13. John Wayland, White Zombie & NEDRA Presenter OEVA
14. Rich Rudman, Battery Charger & NEDRA Presenter OEVA
15. Gary Graunke, Oregon EVA Co-Chair OEVA
16. Brad Hippert, OEVA OEVA
17. Chris Robison, Austin Area EAA AAEAA
18. Mark Farver, AAEAA President AAEAA
19. Stephen Taylor, EV Club of the South Pres. EVCS
20. Don Francis, EVCS VP EVCS
21. Dale Brooks, Houston EAA President HEAA
22. Ben Chamberlain, HEAA VP HEAA
23. Craig Mueller, Perspective MN EVA Minneapolis
24. Dennis “Brandy” Brandenburg, SVEAA SVEAA
25. __________________________ _____
26. __________________________ _____
27. __________________________ _____
28. __________________________ _____
Special Note on Lodging:
Currently, the 5th EVent Committee is working on lodging arrangements. Preferably, as
what's worked well in the past with the EVers in Washington, DC, Vancouver and Austin was
having the hosting EAA Chapter Members volunteer to house the visiting EAA Attendees.
Especially the early sign-ups. That type of accommodation is still the first intention, but
that’s probably going to be quite limited, because of various factors. Particularly the
distance to the Route 66 Raceway. Do plan on low cost lodging such as Motel 6 (ten miles away)
in Joliet ($40/night) as part of your budgeting considerations. Motel 6 usually charges $6
for an extra person. The 5th EVer Chair is in the process of reserving a block of rooms.
Also, RVs will be allowed to park overnight at the Route 66 Raceway.
Contact: Terry Wilson, the 5th EVer Registrar EAAHistorian@care2.com (408) 446-9357.
Note: Terry also has graciously offered to serve as "Share A Room" Coordinator as well as do
ridesharing coordination from the Midway Airport.
Hasta Aloha & Plugging in America, pronto!
EVJerry Asher, 5th Ever Committee
Chapters Relations East
Electric Auto Association
Post Office Box 651
Bisbee, AZ 85603
(520) 432-3227 - Home
(202) 486-5450 - Evening/Weekend Cell